Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Adam Lambert Talks About His Tattoos: Article Excerpt + GIFS & Video & More Photos



Adam Lambert's arms may be covered in tattoos now, but he didn't get his first tattoo until he was around 27 years old. In fact, he got his first tattoo, an Egyptian eye, right before he started "American Idol," thinking that maybe it would protect him while on the show in front of the camera.



On his first tattoo - the Egyptian Eye:

"My first tattoo was this Eye of Horus Egyptian thing, and I got it actually right before I started '[American] Idol.' I always have ... like I make up a reason for things, and I was like, 'yeah, I need like an eye of protection, because I'm going to be seen on camera, and this will protect me.' And I also like really love Egypt. I've always loved Egypt."
Adam Lambert
Adam tells us he got most of his tattoos in order. For example, above his Egyptian Eye is an infinity tattoo, which Lambert says represents an exchange between him and his #Glamberts while he's on stage performing.

On his Infinity tattoo:

"That to me kind of symbolized the exchange you have with an audience in performing. It's like an energy thing. You throw them something, they throw something back to you. It's this like ... I don't know, it feels kind of like an infinity loop."
Above both the Egyptian Eye and Infinity tattoo is a Key, and his inspired by a piece of art he bought from a friend. That piece of art, turned into a work of art on his right arm.

On his Key Tattoo:

"This one, the key, it was from a piece of art that I bought from a friend, this guy named Hans. And this was one of the elements in the piece, that I thought was just really cool, and I was like, 'I'm gonna tattoo that. I like that key.' So I did!"
Adam Lambert
Aside from spiritual and artistic inspirations, Adam also has tattoos of quotes that have meaning. On his left arm, he has a tattoo that reads "Musica Delenit Bestiam Feram," which is Latin for "Music Soothes The Savage Beast." Adam tells us that he got this ink while in Japan.

On his "Musica Delenit Bestiam Feram" tattoo:

"I feel like music has this thing in life, where it can like alter anything. It can alter your mood, like no matter what it is. If you're having a bad day, you can put on certain music that makes you feel better. If you're stressed, and you just need to relax, you can put on relaxing music. You can put on sexy time music. You can put on workout music that motivates you. It changes you. And this says it soothes the savage beast, so it can kind of calm the fire inside, or whatever."
Adam Lambert
On Adam's right shoulder/upper arm, he has a tattoo inspired by Greek mythology -- Dionysus to be exact. And what connects the surrounding tattoos to Dionysus is Baroque-inspired


Adam Lambert @adamlambert 
It represents my Astrological Birth Chart, along with Pagan, Buddhist, and Greco- Roman Archetypes related to balance and the life cycle.

On his Greek God tattoo & Baroque-inspired design:

"I got this in Hong Kong. It's kind of like Dionysus, sort of. It's like a Greek myth. And that was the God of -- there's a lot of different interpretations of it. It's like kind of a she, kind of a he. It's kind of like whatever, because Dionysus was like the God of parties and good times, and art and creativity, and wine. Then he's blowing this air, or water, rather. Then this girl named Kim in LA created all of this other art to kind of connect everything." He adds, "I was really inspired by like baroque imagery, like old, kind of like ... a lot of stuff you see in Paris when you walk around. A lot of the architecture and the carvings and things like that."


Out of all of the tattoos Adam has, the singer tells us that the Baroque-inspired design is the ink that hurt the most -- especially around his elbow.
"We got into this elbow area on this baroque thing. The reason why it's so rich in tones is because she does a lot of different ... like we did five or six different sittings for this one. She'll let it heal and then she'll go darker or lighter so that she can pull out the depth of it. And so when we got into this elbow area it was pretty hardcore. I was sweating. My balls were sweating."


On his "Q" tattoo & touring with Queen:

Of course, given his time with iconic rock band Queen, Adam had to commemorate going on tour with the guys by getting some ink. So he got a "Q" for Queen on his right arm, according to Adam, is possibly one of his most meaningful tattoos. 



"Oh it [touring with Queen] was crazy. They're so cool. And actually Roger [Taylor], the drummer, and I, we ... Actually he has a lot of tattoos on his legs that he got only over the past like 15 years or so I think he said. So he's kind of just getting into tattoos as well, in his life. We definitely talked about tattoos a lot and things like that."





Adam Lambert
While on tour with Queen in London, Adam got a diamond-shaped tattoo -- a very intricate piece actually designed on Adobe Illustrator, and tattooed on in a really unique way.



"I was in London last year rehearsing with them [Queen] and I got this one. This guy named Maxime, and he works at a shop called Sang Blue in London and his stuff is so cool. I started following him on Instagram and I was like, 'what is this guy's deal?' I love his stuff. And so I sat with him and he ... Like he generates all of this on Adobe Illustrator on his computer. I did it with him. We came up with a design we liked and then he prints it out on the contact paper and puts it on and then tattoos it. And when he designs it, it's all just line work and then when he puts it on the skin he kind of like, does a lot of the shading and a lot of the nuances by hand."


_christinaschultz


Edited Video of Adam Lambert talking about his latest tattoo May 6th, an Enneagram. Original video by 
http://lilybop.smugmug.com/




 Adam talks about his OOFTA tattoo.  Video:
http://lilybop.smugmug.com





Adam Lambert

On his Mosaic artwork & upside-down triangle:

"It's just like a really cool pattern. I'd seen a lot of pattern work he had done and so we just looked at some different options and I found one that I liked and we did it."
"An upside-down triangle represents gay. So it's kind of like a statement. You know. I'm a freak, I love it." 
Adam's tattoos are mostly on his arms, however, he does of one on his collar bone in honor of his latest album The Original High, and it's title track. In the chorus of "The Original High," Adam sings "Chasing The Original High" -- which is what he got inked.

On his "Chasing The Original High" tattoo:

"This is probably the most relevant one. This is the last one, when we did this, it's 'chasing the original high.'"
Adam Lambert

On his Crescent Moon tattoo:

"It's a little crescent. Just, like, for the moon. I like the nighttime. It's the right time."
Adam Lambert

On his plans for future tattoos:

"I don't know. I think, I mean, this one kind of continues up on my shoulder. I think if I do something I might continue on to my like chest or on to my back from here. Somewhere up in here. I think I'm going to keep this [his left arm] more of a half. And keep this arm free. But eventually, kind of like I said, maybe the back of my neck, upper back? Not like super high up on the neck, but the upper back. I might do something around there. I don't know."
And while it sounds like he's definitely open to getting more tattoos, he's not quite sure what exactly he would get. But he loves abstract design.
"I don't know yet. I haven't figured it out. I like these kind of abstract ones that aren't necessarily specific, but they just look really cool. I like that. I think it's like decoration." 

jrn.2012 




Article by Nicole Mastrogiannis
http://www.wnic.com/articles/trending-104650/interview-tattoo-stories-with-adam-lambert-13707929/ 

GIFS by me.


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is much effective and thanks for sharing information. Here we are providing the best Tattoo Training Institutes for aesthetic designs. We also offer Tattoo Making Classes with professional tattoo designers in Hyderabad with certification.
    nose piercing Hyderabad
    Nose Piercing
    body piercing in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete